Rapid Private STD testing Centers
Specialist referrals are just one of the ways our doctors can help you begin treatment quickly if your Toledo, Ohio STD testing comes back positive. You will never have to take a physical to get tested for STDs at our testing locations. Our Toledo, Ohio doctors have prescription writing authority for certain diseases.
Read about STD issues and advances on our blog, Exposed. Get the exact tests you would get at a hospital in the privacy of our testing centers. Have your testing supervised by a physician every time you visit our labs.
We provide a healthcare consumer-friendly experience when you visit our test centers. The best way to begin the testing is to enter your zip code into a search box on our website, you will get a complete list of our labs in your area. Our labs screen for so many diseases that no one will know why you are there.
Sexually transmitted Diseases Infections Data for Toledo, Ohio
Unless you test for STDs, you cannot be certain of your sexual health. The Toledo area is included in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report on STD infection rates and statistics.
- In 2010, Ohio was #9 in the country for gonorrhea infections.
- 80% of females who were diagnosed with HIV in 2010 in Ohio were infected by heterosexual contact.
- In 2009, the number of HIV-related deaths was almost as high as the national average.
- As of May 5, 2013, 16,552 cases of gonorrhea were diagnosed in Ohio.
- City of Cincinnati, Ohio reported 437 syphilis infections in 2012, the highest in the state.
STDs are a threat to the long-term health of the people of Ohio. Preventing the spread of sexually transmitted diseases in Ohio starts with education and protection. Some STDs only need skin to skin contact to be transmitted. It is estimated that about half of everyone in Ohio will eventually catch an sexually transmitted infection. While refusing to have sex is the surest way to curtail the spread of STDs, condoms and dental dams are viable options.