Convenient STD Testing
You won't be poked or prodded when you screen for STDs with us because we only need a small blood or urine sample to screen for STDs. If you test positive for an STD, our physicians in Shreveport, Louisiana are available to refer you to a specialist. If you test positive for chlamydia or gonorrhea, our doctors in Shreveport, Louisiana can prescribe medication to treat your condition.
We made sure our test facilities in Shreveport are conveniently located. Health specialists are ready to give you a status update any time while you're waiting for your results. The test recommendation tool on our site is there to help you as much as possible when you have to find out what STD tests to take.
Test results are available on your smartphones, PCs and tablets. Count on us not to report your test results to yourhealth insurer or place it in your permanent medical records. All test results are available immediately by email.
STD information for: Shreveport, Louisiana
Your sexual health is undetermined unless you take STD tests regularly. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) covers the entire country, including Shreveport and the state of Louisiana, in their yearly report on STD infection rates and statistics.
- The estimated rate of HIV-positive men residing in Louisiana was almost double of the national average in 2011.
- Males living in Louisiana are more likely to contract latent syphilis than females.
- In 2008, Louisiana ranked 11th in the number of reported AIDS cases out of all 50 states.
- In 2012, the Louisianians with the highest number of AIDS diagnoses were 45 or older.
- The estimated rate of men who are HIV positive residing in Louisiana in 2011 was 53.6 per 100,000 people.
At least a quarter of all Louisiana adults currently have an STD. Many STDs are incurable, lifelong afflictions. Take the steps to avoid being another Shreveport statistic.