Convenient STD Testing
If you are positive for an STD in Richmond, Virginia, our physicians may be able to refer you to a specialist so you can start treatment. All of our tests are simple, using only a blood or urine sample. Get the fastest treatment available for certain conditions, thanks to our physicians who are authorized to write prescriptions in Richmond, Virginia.
Have your testing monitored by a physician every time you visit our labs. Get the same tests you would take at a clinic in the privacy of our testing centers. Read about STD issues and advances on our blog, Exposed.
All test results are sent immediately by email. Count on us not to report your test results to yourhealth insurer or place it in your permanent medical records. Test results can be downloaded and read on your smartphones, PCs and tablets.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Information for Richmond, Virginia
If you are knowledgeable about STDs and how they are transmitted, you will know how to protect yourself. Yearly reports are put together by the health department of Virginia and the federal government with data gathered about STDs and HIV in Richmond.
- From 2008-2011, 41 Asian residents of Virginia were infected with HIV.
- Norfolk City was home to the highest number of Virginians living with HIV at the end of 2010.
- As of 2011, there were over 20,700 people living with HIV in Virginia.
- Between 2008 and 2011, there were 655 new HIV infections among Virginians 55 years old and above.
- 4,328 women living with HIV in Virginia at the end of 2010 got the disease from heterosexual contact.
It is estimated that 1 out of every 2 of all Virginia adults will have an STD throughout their lifetime. Dental dams and condoms are efficient tools for preventing the transfer of sexually transmitted diseases in Richmond. Beat the odds. Catching an STD does not keep you from getting it again.