Local Same-Day STD Testing
Getting STD test results from our STD testing service is as simple as leaving a small blood or urine sample and waiting for your results to be emailed to you. Our doctors can write prescriptions for certain conditions in Houston, Texas. If you are positive for an STD and need a referral to a specialist in Houston, Texas, our physicians can give one for you.
We use hospital-grade STD tests in our testing centers so you never have to wonder whether our testing is worth it. All of our testing is monitored by a doctor to maintain the high-quality of our method. Our blog, Exposed, is a excellent resource for facts about STD testing and developments.
Our experts test for chlamydia and gonorrhea in urine using the Nucleic Acid Amplification (NAA) test, considered the gold standard in the industry. Our Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test for syphilis is approved by the Food and Drug Administration and is the most accurate test for syphilis in the 77024 area. We have the most advanced Houston STD testing available.
Sexually Transmitted Infections Data for Houston, Texas
Have confidence about your sexual health and STD status by testing for STDs often. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) releases an annual report that includes data and information about the Houston area.
- In 2010, 9.3% of men living with HIV contracted the disease from heterosexual sex.
- In 2010, Texas estimated gonorrhea rate exceeded the national rate of 100.8 cases per 100,000 residents.
- In 2010, the number of Texans between the ages of 18 and 64 who received HIV tests were less than the national average.
- 94,613 women were diagnosed with chlamydia in Texas in 2012.
- In Texas, 9.8% of men who were living with HIV in 2010 contracted the disease from intravenous drug use.
Some, but not all, STIs can be cured. Numerous sexually transmitted diseases develop without symptoms. Many STDs can be cured, but some cannot. Informing yourself and learning your STD status is the first step in preventing the growth of diseases in Texas. Texas citizens often don't seek treatment for STIs because they are embarrassed.