Local Private STD Testing
If you test positive for an STD, our physicians in Fairbanks, Alaska are available to refer you to a specialist. If you test positive for chlamydia or gonorrhea, our doctors in Fairbanks, Alaska can prescribe medication to treat you. You won't be poked or prodded when you test with us because we only need a small blood or urine sample to screen for STDs.
We provide the same STD testing that you'd take in a hospital. Our STD tests are overseen by a physician at all times. Our blog is updated weekly with interesting information about STDs.
Your results will be sent via email. We secure your confidentiality by not reporting your results to your health insurance provider or adding it to your permanent records. Results are available on your phone, tablet or smartphones.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Morbidity Data for Fairbanks, Alaska
The federal government and health department of Alaska compiles annual STD and HIV rates about Fairbanks and other cities throughout the state. Your sexual health is too important for you to not have the truth about STDs and how they are transferred.
- There have been 11 known cases of Syphilis reported in 2011
- As of 2011, there were 628 people living with HIV in Alaska.
- In 2010, the rate of chlamydia infection in Alaska was over twice the national chlamydia infection rate.
- Since 2011, 1,458 cases of HIV were reported, out of the numbers reported 504 of those individuals have died.
- In 2011, Alaska was the highest ranked state in the nation for chlamydia
One of the most dangerous aspects of STDs is that most of them are asymptomatic so always protect yourself and your partner and get STD testing regularly to make sure you are free from all infections.