Convenient STD Testing
Our doctors can write prescriptions for some afflictions in Austin, Texas. If you are positive for an STD and need a referral to a specialist in Austin, Texas, our physicians can provide one for you. Getting STD test results from our STD testing service is as simple as leaving a small blood or urine sample and waiting for your results to be emailed to you.
All of our testing centers in the area are designed to make Austin STD testing as convenient as possible. Get updated on the status of your test results anytime with one phone call to our health specialists. We've tried to make STD testing as painless as possible with our test recommendation tool for those who don't know what STD tests to take.
Your results will be sent via email. Results can be downloaded and made available on your phone, tablet or smartphones. We secure your confidentiality by not reporting your results to your health insurer or adding it to your permanent records.
STI Data for Austin, Texas
Infection rates are just one of the kinds of data that is gathered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about Austin each year. Taking STD tests need to be part of every sexually active person's health routine.
- In Texas, Dallas County had the 2nd highest HIV infections with 781 in 2012.
- That was greater than the national average of 12.4 per 100,000. In 2010,Texas' rate of AIDS diagnosis was 16.5 per 100,000 residents.
- The state of Texas reported over 5,000 new cases of HIV infection in 2011.
- Texas had a total of 773 deaths from HIV in 2010.
- In Texas, 8,214 people contracted HIV from intravenous drug use in 2010.
15-24 year-olds are most vulnerable to STD infections - unfortunately, they are also the least likely to get tested, so protect yourself today.