Local Private STD Testing
For most definitive test results, all our testing centers are CLIA-certified. Our STD testing packages are priced more affordably than any any other testing service in the 14221 area. Testing with us guarantees your testing process will be simple.
All of our testing facilities in the area are designed to make Amherst STD testing as convenient as possible. Get updated on the status of your test results whenever with one phone call to our health specialists. We've tried to make STD testing as painless as possible with our test recommendation tool for those who don't know what STD tests to take.
The Food and Drug Administration-approved Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) syphilis test is one of the advanced STD tests we offer at STDcheck.com. Chlamydia and gonorrhea infections usually co-exist, that is why we offer test for both through our test panel. Our tests in 14221 are some of the most advanced New York STD tests available.
Amherst, New York STI Morbidity Data
Being informed is the #1 way to start defending yourself against the spread of sexually transmitted diseases. The federal government accumulates data about STDs and the HIV epidemic and infection rates all over the country and in the state of New York in particular.
- .New York city had the highest number of AIDS in 2011 with 2,905.
- Monroe County had the 2nd highest number of diagnosed chlamydia infections in New York in 2011 with 5009.
- According to a survey on NYC.gov, 26% of New York City residents had herpes as of 2008.
- The rate of gonorrhea infection for 15-24 year-olds in New York was 427.0 per 100,000 residents in 2011.
- In 2009, the number of deaths due to HIV in New York was more than double the national average.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 50% of all Americans will have an STD in their lifetime and as many as 1 in 4 will be unaware of it. Regardless of the type of sex you engage in, getting an STD test is vital to maintaining your sexual health. The residents of New York are not immune to the dangers of contracting an STD.