Same-Day STD Testing Centers
Our same-day 16601 STD testing is the best available. We have over 4,000 nationwide locations, with many in the Altoona, Pennsylvania area. At STDcheck.com, certified diagnostic specialists have analyzed our testing process to ensure test results are correct.
Get personalized test suggestions of what STD tests you need with our test recommendation tool online. Get updated on your STD test status by calling our health specialists 24/7. Choose any of our testing centers around Altoona for your convenience.
Our FDA-approved / cleared Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) syphilis test looks for the infection in the blood. Gonorrhea and chlamydia are co-existing infections, meaning if you have one, you most likely have the other but our chlamydia-gonorrhea test panel tests for both infections together. At STDcheck.com, we have the most sophisticated Altoona STD testing and we offer the fastest tests for sexually transmitted infections.
Sexually transmitted disease information for: Altoona, Pennsylvania
STD tests need to be part of every sexually active person's health routine. Rates of infection are just one of the kinds of data that is collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about Altoona each year.
- In 2010, 6,264 out of 9,085 HIV-positive Pennsylvania women got the disease from male-to-female sexual contact.
- The rate of black females living with HIV in Pennsylvania as of 2010 was 22.5 times that of white women.
- Male-to-female sexual contact was the third-most common HIV transmission category among Pennsylvania men in 2010.
- In 2010, there were 6,358 HIV-positive PA residents over the age of 55.
- 18.9% of all HIV-positive PA men got the disease from heterosexual sex in 2010.
Many people in Pennsylvania do not look for STD screening because they are afraid, but those excuses shouldn't prevent them from knowing their STD status. STDs can infect the people of Pennsylvania, regardless of ethnicity, age, or income level. It is a common occurrence, sadly, to get an sexually transmitted disease in Pennsylvania from a partner who is unaware that they are positive for an STD. Many STDs can be caught more than once by the same person.