Local STD Testing Centers
With doctors authorized to write prescriptions in Erie, Pennsylvania, we provide the fastest way to test and get treated for STDs. We don't require any uncomfortable procedures for our simple STD tests that use a small blood or urine sample to get the job done. Our physicians help you get treatment quickly if your STD test comes back positive for an STD by referring you to a specialist in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Get educated about advances in STD testing and treatment on our blog, Exposed. Have your testing supervised by health care professional any time you test with us. Get the same testing that you'd receive at a hospital or doctor's office, but in the privacy of one of our labs.
We have the gonorrhea and chlamydia test panel that looks for both infections in urine at the same time, this ensures that you do not miss these common infections when you take your STD test. At STDcheck.com, we have the most advanced Erie STD testing available. Our FDA-approved Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test for syphilis is the gold standard for syphilis testing in the 16508 area.
STD Information for Erie, Pennsylvania
If you are not testing for STDs regularly, you are not maintaining control over your sexual wellbeing. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) discloses information about the STD infection rates and other statistics each year in a report that includes Erie.
- 5,087 of the 22,383 HIV-positive men in Pennsylvania got the disease from IV drug use in 2010.
- The HIV rate for white PA residents in 2010 was 114 per 100,000 people.
- 22.7% of all HIV-positive PA men in 2010 got the disease from IV drug use.
- The rate of Hispanic women with an HIV-positive diagnosis in 2010 was 14.2 times higher than white women in Pennsylvania in 2010.
- There were 10 black men with HIV for every white man with a reported case of HIV in Pennsylvania as of 2010.
Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted infection in the US. With more than 1 out of every 2 Pennsylvania adults reporting that they've only ever taken an STD test for HIV/AIDS, there are many other STDs that may be going undiscovered in Erie.