Is STD Testing Confidential?
These days, many Americans are concerned about their privacy and are asking themselves if STD testing is really confidential and whether online STD testing is reliable. Often people are reluctant to get crucial testing for STDs because they believe that their private medical information will be made available to others without their permission. If you get tested for STDs at a doctor’s office the results may not be confidential. At STDcheck.com, we understand your concerns and want you to know that our STD testing is completely confidential.In 1996, the U.S. Congress passed into law the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, otherwise known as HIPAA. One of the primary functions of HIPAA is to protect a patient’s right to privacy with respect to their medical records and medical history. Many other STD testing facilities are not confidential so if you are looking for STD testing that is as discreet as possible, ordering through STDcheck.com is your best bet. When you get tested through STDCheck.com, it does not show on your medical records or insurance.
STDcheck.com abides by all federal and state laws, including HIPAA, and takes the privacy of all clients very seriously.
We take steps to ensure that any STD testing information you give us is kept confidential. That is one reason we do not accept insurance as a form of payment for STD testing services. When you pay for testing using health insurance, your insurance company is notified of your test before they pay for the services– This is not in line with our 100 percent STD testing privacy and confidentiality guarantee.
Secure and Confidential
STD testing services
The fastest results possbile - available in 1 to 2 daysGet Tested Today
We take the following steps to protect your privacy during the STD testing process:
- Payment statements will come from “HealthLabs.com”– When you receive your credit card or bank statement, it will not read “STDcheck” or “STDcheck.com,” so no one will know that you visited one of our testing centers or received STD testing services from STDcheck.com.
- We will not ask you embarrassing or invasive questions about your medical history at any time during the testing process. In fact, you don’t even have to speak with a doctor unless it is absolutely necessary.
- During your visit to our testing center, your “Lab Requisition Form” will show a code. Test center technicians only need this code to quickly complete the test via a blood draw or urine sample.
- Your test will be done at your convenience. After you place your order online or over the phone, you can drop by anytime without an appointment. Those in the waiting area will not know why you are visiting the test center because these labs test for many conditions, not just STDs.
- Testing for STDs is confidential, easy and convenient. Simply select the closest STD test center when you order your testing. You will receive an email from “Health Labs” with the details including the testing center you selected.
- Your test results will go to your secure online account. Not to your phone or email, so no one else can accidentally (or intentionally) access your results.
How does confidential STD testing work?
You just need to visit the testing center with the code you receive in your email, give the required blood or urine sample, then you are done. The tests usually take about 5 minutes and results will be in your STDcheck.com account for you to view within 1-2 days. We do not call or email you like many companies to further ensure your privacy, in case your phone or email account is shared.
Do STDs go on medical records?
When you get tested for STDs at a doctor’s office and use insurance, the results are reported to your insurance company. The insurance company then has those results placed on your medical record. Some insurances will even raise your insurance rates if you test positive for STDs. At STDcheck.com, we do not accept health insurance which prevents the results from ever going on your medical record. Confidentiality is our top priority. If you get tested for STDs through STDcheck.com the charge will show as “HealthLabs.com” to help keep things discreet and we also accept a variety of payment methods such as PayPal and Flex Spending Accounts.
Get peace of mind today; get tested.
Author: Nick Corlis
Nick Corlis is a writer, marketer, and designer. He graduated from Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, with a degree in Digital Communications. Nick is proud to be able to help eliminate the stigma of STD testing through his writing and is always trying to advocate the importance of your sexual health. Before STDcheck, his favorite way to develop his writing skills was by accepting various writing jobs in college and maintaining multiple blogs. Nick wears many hats here at STDcheck, but specifically enjoys writing accurate, well-researched content that is not only informative and relatable but sometimes also contains memes. When not writing, Nick likes to race cars and go-karts, eat Japanese food, and play games on his computer.