Sex Questions To Ask
Sex can be an uncomfortable topic to talk about with a new partner, but sexual health is too important to ignore. Even asking a partner or boyfriend or girlfriend to get tested for STDs prior to having sex can be intimidating, especially since many people don’t know where to start.
Sex Questions To Ask Your Partner
We’re here to make asking questions about sex with your future partner a little easier for you. Try making the conversation less daunting by starting with these questions:
- Are you having sex with anyone else?
- When was the last time you tested for HIV?
- Have you ever tested positive for a sexually transmitted disease (STD)? Were you treated if so?
- If you’ve had an STD, did you get retested after completing treatment for that/those STDs to be sure that the infection was cleared?
- How many sex partners have you had since your last STD test?
- Which STDs were you tested for?
- Have you had any STDs in the past six months? This is a must sex question to ask your partner.
- If you have been diagnosed with herpes or genital warts, are you having outbreaks? Are you being treated currently?
- Have you ever shared needles or drug using equipment like snorting straws?
- Are you opposed to using a condom?
- Do you have a latex allergy?
- Are you currently on any form of birth control or contraception?
- Which sexual activities do you want to engage in/which activities do you NOT want to engage in? This might be the most important sex question to ask a new partner. Make sure you are both on the same page, and feel comfortable with each other.
We truly believe that the best way to make this situation less awkward and uncomfortable is by getting STD tested together and being honest with each other. Sexually transmitted diseases are a serious matter, and many STDs, like herpes, can be transmitted in ways other than having sexual intercourse, so it is important to have ‘for sure’ answers regarding your sexual health. We hope this list of sex questions to ask your partner will be helpful. Good luck out there! We are always here if you want to Get STD testing with your partner.
Medically Reviewed by J. Frank Martin JR., MD on October 1, 2018
Secure and Confidential
STD testing services
The fastest results possbile - available in 1 to 2 days
Author: Nick Corlis
Nick Corlis is a writer, marketer, and designer. He graduated from Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, with a degree in Digital Communications. Nick is proud to be able to help eliminate the stigma of STD testing through his writing and is always trying to advocate the importance of your sexual health. Before STDcheck, his favorite way to develop his writing skills was by accepting various writing jobs in college and maintaining multiple blogs. Nick wears many hats here at STDcheck, but specifically enjoys writing accurate, well-researched content that is not only informative and relatable but sometimes also contains memes. When not writing, Nick likes to race cars and go-karts, eat Japanese food, and play games on his computer.