Fast Confidential STD testing Centers
STDcheck.com's labs are CLIA-certified to furnish accurate online STD testing results. As the online STD testing leader, we offer a simple testing process, guaranteed. Our STD testing in 75701 is economically priced to provide you with the best value.
Use the test recommendation tool on our website for suggestions about what STD tests you should take. Choose to take your STD testing at an of the test centers we have conveniently located around Tyler. We make sure health specialists are available any time, day or night in case you want a status update while you wait for your test results.
Our experts test for chlamydia and gonorrhea in urine using the Nucleic Acid Amplification (NAA) test, considered the "gold standard" in the industry. We have the most sophisticated Tyler STD testing available. Our Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test for syphilis is approved by the Food and Drug Administration and is the most accurate test for syphilis in the 75701 area.
Tyler, Texas STI Data
Use the information available about how STDs are transmitted to protect yourself.
The health department of Texas and the federal government publish the statistics they collect about Tyler STD and HIV infection rates and methods in annual reports.
- According to 2011 statistics, Texas was 3rd in the nation for HIV diagnoses.
- In 2012, 4,265 Texans were diagnosed with HIV infections.
- The percentage of inmates in state or federal prisons with HIV/AIDS in Texas was greater than the national average in 2010.
- The percentage of women living with an HIV positive diagnosis in 2010 who contracted it from heterosexual sex was 74.8%.
- 7,071 syphilis infections were diagnosed in Texas in 2012.
Because some STDs show no symptoms, it is easy for a Texas resident to have an STD and not know it. Some STDs, if never treated can cause lifelong complications such as liver failure or death. Many STDs can be spread by skin-to-skin contact or kissing, making it very easy to spread them throughout Tyler.