Local HIV Testing Centers
Getting STD test results from our STD testing service is as simple as giving a small blood or urine sample and waiting for your results to be emailed to you. If you are positive for an STD and need a referral to a specialist in Somerset, Kentucky, our physicians can give one for you. Our doctors can write prescriptions for certain afflictions in Somerset, Kentucky.
Have your STD tests processed by the same labs used by local hospitals. Rest easy knowing that your personal information is kept safe by our adherence to the HIPAA Privacy Rule and all other federal and state privacy mandates. Use one of the many payment options we give you- credit and debit cards, e-checks, prepaid gift cards with the Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo, PayPal, and health savings accounts- to pay for your STD tests.
No one has a more sophisticated Somerset STD testing than STDcheck.com. The CDC says that chlamydia and gonorrhea are co-infections and our test panel tests for both infections together. We screen for syphilis using the industry gold-standard Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test.
Somerset, Kentucky STD Information
If you don't get informed about sexually transmitted diseases, you are taking a chance with your sexual health. Annual reports are published by the federal government and the health department of Kentucky with facts and figures about STD and HIV transmission categories and rates in Somerset.
- The percentage of Hispanic males diagnosed with HIV in their 20s was higher than Blacks 39% to 31%.
- 53% of white female HIV transmission occurred through heterosexual intercourse.
- In 2010, Kentucky's rate of syphilis transmission was 3.2 per 100,000 individuals.
- White women aged 20-29 accounted for 203 HIV diagnosis in Kentucky in 2012.
- Kentucky ranked 28th out of 50 states in HIV diagnosis for adults and adolescents in 2011.
15-24 year-olds are most likely to get STDs - unfortunately, they are also the least likely to get tested, so protect yourself today.