Rapid Confidential STD testing Centers
You can test for STDs with nothing more than a small blood or urine sample. Get a specialist referral from one of our doctors in Smithfield, North Carolina if you need to begin STD treatment. Because our doctors can prescribe medication for gonorrhea and chlamydia in Smithfield, North Carolina, you can get treatment faster.
Get a status update any time while you wait for your results. Go to any of our conveniently located testing centers around Smithfield for STD testing. If you're unsure about what tests you need to take, you can use the test recommendation tool on our site to get a suggestion for what tests is right for you.
We designed our testing procedure to give you the best healthcare consumer-friendly experience, so order your test with confidence. Start your test fast by entering your zip code into a search box on our website. Our locations test for a multitude of conditions so no one will know why you are there.
STI Data for Smithfield, North Carolina
Being educated about sexually transmitted diseases is the first step toward defending yourself against becoming infected. The federal government and the North Carolina department of health gather information and publish their findings about STDs and HIV in Smithfield annually
- In a 2010 Kaiser Family Foundation survey, 45.3% of North Carolina residents aged 18-64 reported testing for HIV during their lifetime.
- Mecklenburg County had the highest number of HIV-positive residents in 2010 with 4,470.
- North Carolina ranked 16th in the US for syphilis rate per 100,000 people in 2010.
- In 2010, North Carolina reported 448.2 cases of chlamydia per 100,000 people, higher than the national rate of 426 per 100,000.
- North Carolina participates in 4 sterile syringe exchange programs as of 2011.
Most sexually transmitted infections are asymptomatic or do not show symptoms, it is not wise to fail to get STD testing - it is easy to transmit infections to others if you are not aware that you have it.