Fast Confidential STD testing Centers
Our testing process has been thoroughly vetted so you know your test results are correct. Take advantage of same-day testing at any of our 75090 test locations. We have over 4,000 testing centers across the country to ensure convenient STD testing options in Sherman and throughout Texas.
Our blog, Exposed, is updated often to offer you a resource for informing yourself on STD subjects. The same tests that are offered in hospitals are what our labs use. Having a physician monitor the testing procedure means we can ensure your safety.
We will email your test results in 24-48 hours guaranteed. Trust us not to report your test results to your health insurance company or place them on your permanent medical records. Your test results can be downloaded and read on PCs, smartphones and tablets.
Sherman, Texas Sexually Transmitted Diseases Information
Knowing your STD status is crucial to staying healthy, so get tested often. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) releases data about STDS in Texas and Sherman.
- The age-adjusted death rate for HIV disease in Texas was 3.2 cases per 100,000 in 2010.
- In Texas, 8,214 people contracted HIV from intravenous drug use in 2010.
- Between 2008 and 2010, the number of deaths due to HIV in Texas was 25% higher than the rest of the country.
- In Texas, the rate of HIV deaths in 2008 was 3.6 cases per 100,000 people.
- According to 2011 statistics, Texas was 3rd in the nation for HIV diagnoses.
It is estimated that 50% of everyone in Texas will eventually contract an STI. Some STDs only need skin to skin contact to be transmitted. Preventing the transmission of STDs in Texas begins with education and protection. While abstinence from sexual intercourse is the surest way to curtail the spread of STDs, condoms and dental dams are viable choices. STDs are a threat to the long-term health of the residents of Texas.