Fast Local STD testing Centers
You can trust your results from STDcheck.com because our testing process has been vetted by diagnostic experts. Many of our 4,000 testing center locations are in the Scranton, Pennsylvania area. Use the same-day STD testing we offer at all of our 18503 locations to take control of your sexual health.
All of the test centers we utilize are conveniently situated throughout the Scranton area. Get updated on the status of your STD test results anytime- night or day. Use our test recommendation tool to receive a suggestion about which test is the best fit for your sexual health needs.
STDcheck.com does not report test results to health insurance companies or place them on permanent medical records. Test results can be read as pdf file on your smartphones, PCs and tablets. We dispatch test results by email when they are ready.
STI Infections Rate for Scranton, Pennsylvania
An STD test in Scranton is the only way to get certainty about your STD status. STD rates in Pennsylvania have risen tremendously over the past few years.
- Male-to-female sexual contact was the third-most common HIV transmission category among Pennsylvania men in 2010.
- About half of all men living with an HIV diagnosis in Pennsylvania as of 2010 got the disease from male to male sexual contact.
- The HIV rate for the 25-34 age group in PA in 2010 was 262 per 100,000 people.
- 5,087 of the 22,383 HIV-positive men in Pennsylvania got the disease from IV drug use in 2010.
- In 2010, 34% of newly diagnosed HIV infections in Pennsylvania were also diagnosed with AIDS within 12 months, higher than the national average.
The worst step you can take is to keep having sex without wearing protection. With over 19 million people in the country testing positive for sexually transmitted diseases, it is easy to get infected.