Local STD Testing Centers
You won't ever have to get a physical to get tested for STDs at our testing centers. Specialist referrals are just one of the ways our doctors can help you begin treatment quickly if your San Antonio, Texas STD testing comes back positive. Our San Antonio, Texas doctors have prescription writing authority for some conditions.
Visit our blog, Exposed, for posts about what's going on in the world of STD testing and therapy. Don't choose between privacy and the hospital-grade STD testing that deliver reliable results- get both with our online STD testing service. Take physician- managed STD tests at your convenience at any of our testing centers.
Our FDA-approved / cleared Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test for syphilis looks for the virus in the blood in the 78214 area. It is necessary to test for twin-infections, gonorrhea and chlamydia and our chlamydia-gonorrhea test panel does exactly that. At San Antonio STD testing, STDcheck.com uses the most advanced technique to screen for sexually transmitted infections in blood and urine.
San Antonio, Texas Sexually Transmitted Diseases Data
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) releases an annual report that includes statistics and information about the San Antonio area. Have confidence about your sexual health and STD status by testing for STDs frequently.
- In 2010, Texas estimated gonorrhea rate exceeded the national rate of 100.8 cases per 100,000 residents.
- In 2010, 9.3% of men living with HIV contracted the disease from heterosexual sex.
- 35,855 men living with HIV in 2010 contracted the disease through homosexual lifestyle.
- 64,498 Texas residents were diagnosed with HIV in 2010.
- As of 2011, there were almost 65,000 people living with HIV in Texas.
Unsafe sex is very dangerous and could expose you to potentially deadly diseases like HIV, never fail to protect yourself by practicing safe sex.