Same-Day Online STD Testing
For certain diseases, our doctors can write prescriptions in Richardson, Texas to speed up your treatment process. Our STD tests are accurate enough to screen for STDs using only a small blood or urine sample. Our physicians in Richardson, Texas can provide you with the name of a specialist who can help you start treatment if you test positive for an STD.
With physician- monitored testing, you are always safe. You can get tested privately with the same STD tests used by hospitals at any of our testing centers. Use the information we post on our blog, Exposed, to stay up-to-date about everything STD-related.
We use the FDA-approved / cleared Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) method to test for syphilis which is considered the "gold standard" in the industry. Getting tested for STDs in 75080 is not complicated with our most sophisticated Richardson STD testing. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises that it is essential to test for gonorrhea and chlamydia together and we have put together a panel that tests for the co-infections at the same time, but you can also test for the infections individually if you choose to do so.
Sexually transmitted disease information for: Richardson, Texas
Every year, the Texas health department and federal government collect and publish data on the transmission rates and methods of STDs and HIV in Richardson.
If you want to stay safe against STDs, you need to be armed with information.
- In 2010, Texas had an estimated rate of 5 syphilis infections per 100,000 residents.
- Latino men in Texas were 1.1. times more likely to be diagnosed with HIV in 2010 than white men.
- In 2010, 71.4% of men living with HIV contracted the disease from male-to-male sexual contact.
- The percentage of women living with an HIV positive diagnosis in 2010 who contracted it from heterosexual sex was 74.8%.
- In Texas, the rate of HIV deaths in 2010 was 3.2 people per 100,000 residents.
At least 25% adults with an STD don't know they have the disease. The only way to be certain of your STD status is to be get Richardson STD testing. Sexually transmitted diseases pose a danger to everyone in Texas, regardless of age, race, or socioeconomic background.