Local STD Testing Centers
Our tests take only a few minutes and no additional paperwork is required later. Test for STDs near 12561 without a visit to a doctor's office or hospital using our online STD testing service. Test during your break or lunch - just give us a few minutes and we will complete your test.
Visit any of our test locations located conveniently around Paltz. With our test recommendation tool, you can get a personalized suggestion about what testing is right for you. If you hate the wait for your test results, call our health specialists anytime, day or night for an update.
Since our labs test for many infections, it is impossible for anyone to know why you are there. We designed our system to conform to the way we want to be taken care of if we were using the facility today. It is really easy to locate a location in your area, simply enter your zip code into a search box on our website to get a complete list.
Sexually Transmitted Infections Infections Rate for Paltz, New York
Reduce your risk of contracting an STD by getting the facts about how they are spread. Data is gathered by the federal government and the health department of New York each year about STD infections and rates in Paltz.
- Between 2008 and 2010, the number of deaths due to HIV in New York was almost twice the national average.
- In 2011, New York ranked 4th in the country for estimated HIV diagnoses.
- In Richmond County, New York, there were 489 cases of new HIV infections for every 100,000 residents in 2010.
- The rate of black men with positive HIV diagnosis was 6.5 times higher than white men in 2010.
- In 2012, the rate of Latino men living with positive HIV diagnosis in New York was 4 times higher than white men.
Unsafe sex can lead to incurable infections and lifelong side-effects, such as infertility, blindness, and liver damage. Contraceptives are vital to safe sexual practices but don't protect you from diseases spread through skin-to-skin contact.