Local Same-Day STD Testing
You can test for STDs with no more than a small blood or urine sample. Because our doctors can prescribe medication for gonorrhea and chlamydia in Metairie, Louisiana, you can get treatment without delay. Get a specialist referral from one of our doctors in Metairie, Louisiana if you need to begin STD treatment.
Exposed, our STD testing and treatment blog, is updated often and always online for you to visit. Our labs have physicians specifically to supervise testing. Our STD tests are what is provided by our testing centers and hospitals and clinics, alike.
In the 70002 area, we have the most advanced Metairie STD testing available. Our FDA-approved / cleared Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test for syphilis is the gold standard in the industry. Gonorrhea-chlamydia infection is very common and STDcheck.com tests for both infections using our test panel.
STD information for: Metairie, Louisiana
Your sexual well being is uncertain unless you take STD tests regularly. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) covers the entire country, including Metairie and the state of Louisiana, in their yearly report on STD infection rates and data.
- Primary and secondary syphilis cases were highest in Louisiana in 2011 for black people residing in or around Shreveport.
- In 2008, Louisiana ranked 11th in the number of reported AIDS cases out of all 50 states.
- Louisiana had an average of 1,376 HIV diagnoses in 2011.
- The estimated rate of HIV-positive men residing in Louisiana was almost double of the national average in 2011.
- Louisiana has over double of the national average of HIV/AIDS positive inmates in a federal or state prison.
Sexually transmitted infections can lead to infertility in women but in most cases they can be cured if diagnosed and treated early.