Local Private STD Testing
All of our STD tests require only a small blood or urine sample. Our doctors have the authority to prescribe medication in Ketchikan, Alaska, so you can get rapid treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia. If you test positive for STDs, our physicians can refer you to specialists in Ketchikan, Alaska for treatment.
We accept credit and debit cards, e-checks, prepaid gift cards with the Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo, PayPal, and health savings accounts, so purchasing STD tests doesn't get any easier. We use the same labs that the hospitals close to you do, so your results are reliable. We ensure that your personal information stays safe by following the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
We will not report your test results to your health insurance company or place them on your permanent medical records. You should expect your test results in your inbox in 1-2 days after your test. Test results can be read on PCs, smartphones or tablets.
STD Information for Ketchikan, Alaska
Every year, the Alaska health department and federal government collect and publish data on the transmission rates and methods of STDs and HIV in Ketchikan. If you want to stay protected against STDs, you need to be armed with knowledge.
- The rate of Hispanic HIV infection in Alaska was 2.4 times higher than Whites in 2010
- In 2010, the rate of chlamydia infection in Alaska was over twice the national chlamydia infection rate.
- Alaska reported 731 new cases of gonorrhea in 2012
- Almost 21% of women living with HIV in Alaska in 2010 got the disease from intravenous drug use.
- 661 men reported chlamydia infection in 2012 in Alaska
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the country, affecting millions every year. Half of all adults in America will contract an STD in their lifetime.