Low-Cost STD testing Centers
Purchase your test online or over the phone and there are no extra paperwork to complete. Your STD tests will take 5 minutes or less, guaranteed. Our online STD testing service allows you to skip the visit to a physician's office and get straight to testing for STDs in 16506.
Our glossary of STD jargon will help you decipher the terms used to talk about STDs, testing, and therapy. We screen for every common STD, not just some of them. Get your money back for any STD test that you cancel before visiting one of our testing centers.
It is crucial to test for the common STIs using the most advanced techniques in the Erie area. We test for twin infections, gonorrhea and chlamydia, in 16506 and we have put together an STD test panel to specifically test for both STDs in one test. Our FDA-approved syphilis Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test looks for the syphilis virus in the blood.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Data for Erie, Pennsylvania
The first step you have to take to protect yourself against STDs is arming yourself with knowledge. If you want data about STDs in Erie, there are reports published by the federal government and the Pennsylvania department of health.
- At the end of 2010, 31,468 PA residents were HIV-positive.
- 68.9% of all HIV-positive Pennsylvania women got the disease from heterosexual sex in 2010.
- There were 10 black men with HIV for every white man with a reported case of HIV in Pennsylvania as of 2010.
- Male-to-female sexual contact was the third-most common HIV transmission category among Pennsylvania men in 2010.
- The HIV rate for Asian Pennsylvania residents in 2010 was 58 per 100,000 people.
STDs, especially chlamydia have been accelerating among women in the United States since 2011 according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.