Rapid STD Testing
Our tests use a small blood or urine sample, so you don't have to waste time taking a physical. If you test positive for an STD in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, our doctorsmay be able to help by prescribing medication. If you test positive for an STD, our doctors in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania may be able to provide a specialist referral so you can begin treatment.
Get informed about advancements in STD testing and treatment on our blog, Exposed. Get the same testing that you'd receive at a hospital or clinic, but in the privacy of one of our labs. Have your testing monitored by health care professional any time you test with us.
Gonorrhea and chlamydia diseases are the most commonly reported sexually transmitted infections in the country, that is why we created the chlamydia-gonorrhea panel to look for both diseases at the same time. Late stage syphilis can lead to paralysis but rest assured our FDA-approved Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test can quickly screen for this infection and give you results in one to two days in the 18301 area. At STDcheck.com, we use the most advanced East Stroudsburg STD testing available.
STD Morbidity Data for East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
STD testing is the best way to keep up with your STD status and sexual health. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) annual report on STDs includes the East Stroudsburg area.
- The HIV rate for Hispanic/Latino people in PA at the end of 2010 was 903 per 100,000 people.
- In 2010, 6,264 out of 9,085 HIV-positive Pennsylvania women got the disease from male-to-female sexual contact.
- The HIV rate for the 35-44 age group in PA in 2010 was 502 per 100,000 people.
- At the end of 2010, 31,468 PA residents were HIV-positive.
- 4,793 Hispanic/Latino Pennsylvania residents were living with HIV at the end of 2010.
Because some STDs do not show symptoms, it is easy for a Pennsylvania resident to have an STD and never know it. Some STDs, if left untreated can cause lifelong complications such as liver failure or death. Many STDs are spread by skin-to-skin contact or kissing, making it very easy to pass them along throughout East Stroudsburg.