Low-Cost STD testing Centers
Our laboratory technicians will not ask you uncomfortable questions when you arrive for your test. Because we want to safeguard your privacy, your charges will show up as FPK Services on your monthly statement All test panels we offer include hepatitis A.
Even if you aren't sure specifically what you should be tested for, our test recommender tool can help. Don't go nuts waiting for your test results- get a status update from any of our health specialists anytime. Purchase your testing and simply pop into one of our conveniently located test facilities around Corpus Christi.
At STDcheck.com, we use the FDA-approved Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) method to test for syphilis which is considered the "gold standard" in the industry. Getting tested for STDs in 78414 is simple with our most sophisticated Corpus Christi STD testing. The CDC advises that it is important to test for gonorrhea and chlamydia together and we have put together a panel that tests for the twin-infections at the same time, but you can also test for the infections individually if if that is what you choose to do.
Corpus Christi, Texas Sexually Transmitted Infections Information
If you want to be sure about your STD status, you need to take an STD test. The annual STD and HIV report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) contains statistics about the Corpus Christi area.
- In 2011, Texas received $5,756,698 from the federal government to fight HIV/AIDS.
- 33.2% of Texas residents who were diagnosed with HIV in 2010 were diagnosed with AIDS in less than 12 months.
- Black women living in Texas were 12.5 times more likely to be living with HIV than white women in 2010.
- 8.8% of men who were living with HIV diagnosis in 2010, contracted the disease from having sex with other men and injection drug use.
- Between 2008 and 2010, the number of deaths due to HIV in Texas was 25% higher than the rest of the country.
Don't be a statistic- get tested and protect yourself! STDs are the most common communicable diseases in the country. Some STDs can be spread through simple skin-to-skin contact.