Local HIV Testing Centers
If you test positive for chlamydia or gonorrhea, our doctors in Austin, Texas can prescribe medication to treat your condition. You won't be poked or prodded when you test with us because we only need a small blood or urine sample to screen for STDs. If you test positive for an STD, our physicians in Austin, Texas are able to refer you to a specialist.
We test in the same labs that your area hospitals use to process their tests. We accept credit and debit cards, e-checks, prepaid gift cards with the Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo, PayPal, and health savings accounts, so you get to choose how you'd like to pay for your STD test packages. The HIPAA Privacy Rule and other federal and state mandates help us safeguard your personal information.
When the time comes for you to test for STDs in the 78728 area, we have the most advanced Austin STD testing available. Our FDA-approved Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test for syphilis looks for the virus in the blood with test results emailed to you in 24-48 hours. We test for gonorrhea and chlamydia individually or through our exclusive chlamydia-gonorrhea test panel that looks for both infections in urine.
STD Information for Austin, Texas
You should take an STD test regularly to be sure of your STD status. Infection rates is just one category in the reports distributed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) every year.
- 124,649 chlamydia infections were diagnosed in Texas in 2012.
- Texas was 12th out of 50 states in 2010 for gonorrhea infections.
- In 2010, 71.4% of men living with HIV contracted the disease from male-to-male sexual contact.
- In 2010, Texas had the 11th highest number of syphilis infections in the United States.
- With 1,279 cases of HIV, Harris County had the highest number of diagnosed infections in 2012 in Texas.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises getting tests for gonorrhea and chlamydia at the same time and we have a test panel for both conditions at STDcheck.com.