Same-Day Local STD Testing
Our sexually transmitted disease testing procedure is simple and fast. Our economically priced STD testing in 44306 is your best choice. Trips to any of our over CLIA-certified testing labs never require prior appointments.
If you are in the Akron area, you can visit any of our conveniently located STD testing centers. We have health specialists waiting any time in case you want a status update for your test results. Our test recommendation tool is specifically designed to tell you what STD testing you need.
STDcheck.com tests for common sexually transmitted infections in 44306 using the most sophisticated Akron STD testing methods available. Our syphilis Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) test is FDA-approved / cleared. Testing for gonorrhea and chlamydia at the same time is essential, that why we created the gonorrhea and chlamydia test panel to look for both infections together.
Sexually Transmitted Infections Rate for Akron, Ohio
The first step toward protecting yourself against the transmission of STDs is to get informed. The federal government and the Akron Department of Health work together each year to compile and disclose facts and figures about the infection and transmission rates of STDs in Akron.
- 25-29 year olds reported the 2nd highest number of syphilis diagnosis in Ohio in 2012 with 201 infections.
- In 2012, Hamilton County, Ohio had the highest rate of chlamydia infections, 4610 per 100,000 residents.
- In Ohio, 54% of gonorrhea infections in 2012 were reported in Cuyahoga (Cleveland), Franklin (Columbus) and Hamilton (Cincinnati) Counties.
- Franklin County, Ohio reported the 2nd highest number of syphilis infections in 2012 with 286.
- 767 cases of syphilis infection were reported by males in Ohio in 2012.
Over 25% of those with STIs do not know of their conditions and could be transmitting the diseases without knowing it.